Global Cycle Rides
Global Cycle Rides Pty Ltd trading as Global Cycle Rides (Global Cycle Rides) co-ordinates and conducts bicycle tours in various locations across the World (the Services).
To ensure customers who receive the Services from Global Cycle Rides are at ease in entrusting their personal information to Global Cycle Rides. This policy provides information to customers as to how their personal information (which may include information about their health) is collected and used within Global Cycle Rides, and the circumstances in which we may disclose it to third parties.
The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) provide a privacy protection framework that supports the rights and obligations of collecting, holding, using, accessing and correcting personal information. The APPs consists of 13 principle which apply equally to information stored using paper based or digital systems. The APPs complement the long-standing general practice obligation to manage personal information in a regulated, open and transparent manner.
This policy will guide Global Cycle Rides’ staff in meeting these legal obligations. It also details to customers how Global Cycle Rides uses their personal information. The policy must be made available to customers upon request.
Global Cycle Rides’ procedure
Global Cycle Rides will:
- provide a copy of this policy upon request;
- ensure staff comply with the APPs and deal appropriately with inquiries or concerns;
- take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to implement practices, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with the APPs and deal with inquiries or complaints; and,
- collect personal information for the primary purpose of managing a customer’s healthcare and for financial claims and payments.
Global Cycle Rides’ employees’ and contractors’ (staff) responsibilities
Global Cycle Rides’ staff will take reasonable steps to ensure customers understand:
- what information is being collected;
- why the information is being collected;
- how the information will be used or disclosed;
- why and when their consent is necessary; and,
- Global Cycle Rides’ procedure for accessing and correcting information, and responding to complaints about the privacy of the information collected.
Customers provide consent for Global Cycle Rides to use their personal information listed herein to perform the services as sold and to market future services from Global Cycle Rides and necessary 3rd party vendors and suppliers in performing these services. This includes providing your name (not email) to other riders in the group you book onto online for that specific event or ride. Global Cycle Rides will only deal with collected information in accord with a customer’s consent.
Collection of information
Global Cycle Rides will need to collect personal information to enable it to provide the Services to the customer. Personal information collected will include customers’:
- names, addresses and contact details
- health details relevant for the ride leaders to be aware of
- cycling information including bike measurements, club grade, fitness levels, frequency of cycling equipment used.
A customer’s personal information may be held at Global Cycle Rides in various forms including as:
- paper records; and electronic records stored in the cloud, or on hard drive.
Global Cycle Rides’ procedure for collecting personal information is:
- Global Cycle Rides’ staff collect customers’ personal information via application and/or registration to receive the Services from Global Cycle Rides; and,
- during the course of co-ordinating and providing the Services, Global Cycle Rides’ staff will collect further personal information;
Global Cycle Rides holds all personal information securely, whether in hard copy or electronic format, in a secured environment.
Use and disclosure of information
Personal information will only be used for the purpose of providing the Services and for future marketing of Global Cycle Rides’ services, unless otherwise consented to. Some disclosure may occur to third parties engaged by, or for, Global Cycle Rides for the purpose of providing the Services including people involved with bike shops, bike hirers, ride leaders, sub-contractors or business partners of Global Cycle Rides’. These third parties are required to comply with this policy.
Global Cycle Rides will not release personal information to any third party other than in the course of providing the Services, without the customer having consented to the release after receiving full disclosure about the proposed release including the reason for same.
Global Cycle Rides will disclose personal information to persons outside Australia in the course of providing the Services. Such disclosure will be to recipients in the countries in which the Services will be provided.
Disclosure of information without consent
In exceptional circumstances Global Cycle Rides will disclose a customers’ information without their consent where the disclosure is:
- required by law;
- reasonably necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a customer’s life, health or safety or public health or safety, where it is impractical to obtain the customer’s consent;
- reasonably necessary to assist in locating a missing person;
- necessary to establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim;
- necessary for the purpose of a confidential dispute resolution process.
Global Cycle Rides will not use any personal information in relation to direct marketing to a customer other than with the customer’s express consent. Customers may withdraw their consent in relation to direct marketing at any time by notifying Global Cycle Rides in writing at info@GlobalCycleRides.com.
Corrections and complaints & concerns about privacy
Global Cycle Rides will take reasonable steps to correct personal information where it is satisfied the information is not accurate. From time to time, Global Cycle Rides will ask customers to verify the correctness of their personal information held by Global Cycle Rides. Customers are encouraged to make Global Cycle Rides aware of corrections required to be made to their information. Global Cycle Rides requests same is done in writing.
Global Cycle Rides takes complaints and concerns about the privacy of customers’ personal information seriously. Customers should express any privacy concerns in writing to email@example.com. Global Cycle Rides will then attempt to address such concerns in accordance with its complaint resolution process.
Global Cycle Rides